- Created as Tsukuba Technology Seed Co., Ltd. in January 2004 as joint venture between Japan Asia Investment Co., Ltd (JAIC), a TSE mainboard listed venture capital and professionals at University of Tsukuba. It was promoting commercialization of technologies in the University
In June 2008 it became one of the incubators under JAIC Seed Capital; subsidiary of JAIC handling all seed stage investments.
- In 2012 it was selected as “Promoter” from Ministry of Education in their START program which promotes commercialization of technologies in universities and research institutes
- In March 2013 the management of the company made management buyout from JAIC and became independent company
- In July 2013, started management of its first fund: Agribusiness fund with yen3 billion funded by SMBC Banking group and yen 1 billion from A-FIVE-J, which is a Japanese government institution
- In July 2013 held a seminar at House of Lords on international alliance based on the agreement with ADAPT, a UK investment company under University of East Anglia to promote co-investments from both sides
- In April 2015, the company changed the name to Japan Strategic Capital to focus its activities into Japanese strategic areas